Brussels sprouts – the tiny green orbs that have been the bane of many childhoods. They are often met with wrinkled noses and turned-up lips, but fear not! I am here to change your perception of these underrated vegetables. Brace yourselves for some seriously delicious stir-fried Brussels sprouts recipes that will make you fall in love with them all over again.
Recipe 1: Garlic Parmesan Brussels Sprouts
– 1 pound Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
– 3 tablespoons olive oil
– 4 cloves garlic, minced
– Salt and pepper, to taste
– ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
1. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
2. Add the Brussels sprouts and cook until they start to brown slightly.
3. Stir in the minced garlic and continue cooking for another minute or so until fragrant.
Recipe 2: Sweet and Spicy Asian-inspired Brussels Sprouts
– 1 pound Brussels sprouts, trimmed and quartered
– 2 tablespoons sesame oil
– 2 tablespoons soy sauce (low sodium)
– 2 tablespoons honey or maple syrup (for a vegan option)
– Crushed red pepper flakes, to taste
1. In a small bowl, whisk together sesame oil, soy sauce, honey/maple syrup, and crushed red pepper flakes.
2. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat.
3. Add the Brussels sprouts to the skillet along with the sauce mixture.
4. Cook until tender-crisp while stirring occasionally.
These two recipes demonstrate how versatile this vegetable can be when given some TLC in the kitchen. The first recipe combines earthy flavors with a cheesy kick from Parmesan cheese – perfect for those who enjoy classic comfort foods.
The second recipe takes inspiration from Asian cuisine by infusing sesame oil and soy sauce into every bite while adding a touch of sweetness and heat. This dish is sure to excite your taste buds with its fantastic fusion of flavors.
So, next time you see Brussels sprouts in the grocery store, don’t pass them by. Instead, grab a bag and give these stir-fried recipes a try. Who knows? You might just become their biggest fan!